AED Government Affairs Office|
At midnight on Sept. 30, 2014, the federal highway program will collapse. The Highway Trust Fund (HTF) won't be able to support any new road, bridge, or transit investment, putting at least $2.4 billion in equipment market opportunity and close to four thousand equipment dealership jobs at risk.
Tell Congress to act NOW to save the federal highway program.
Your Voice in Washington
AED's Government Affairs Program
AED lobbies Congress and federal officials to . . .
AED's Government Affairs Program is . . .
- Works to strengthen markets and improve business conditions for equipment distributors.
- Advocates for equipment distributors on Capitol Hill and before federal regulatory agencies.
- Keeps AED members informed about important policy and legal developments in the nation's capital.
- Creates opportunities for distributors to get personally involved in the policy process.
- Manages AED's Political Action Committee (AED PAC).
- Prepares legal guidance materials for the equipment industry on dealer-manufacturer contracts and state dealer protection laws.
- A Washington office staffed by attorneys with years of political and equipment industry experience.
- AED PAC, a special account supported by personal contributions from AED members that helps elect congressional candidates who share distributors' policy objectives.
- ImPACt local group fundraiser program, through which AED PAC encourages distributors to support and build relationships with their senators and representatives.
- AED's Washington Fly-In, a two-day annual meeting that provides distributors with an opportunity to interface personally with national leaders.
- Active and involved AED members!