If your business involves selling or renting forestry equipment such as feller bunchers, skidders, delimbers or mulchers, you face a variety of challenges these days. Factors such as fluctuations in global wood prices, changes in cutting and harvesting techniques and environmental issues all affect your revenues and profitability. Legislative initiatives can also impact our business, both directly and indirectly.
Associated Equipment Distributors (AED) is an international trade association that has been representing the interests of the forestry equipment market for more than a century. As an AED member, you’ll have access to a wide assortment of products, services and informational resources designed to enhance the success and profitability of businesses like yours.
Our membership consists of more than 500 equipment distributors, 200 manufacturers and 100 service providers in the United States, Canada and nations around the world. The industries we serve include forestry, construction, mining, agriculture, power generation and many others.
Why You Should Consider Becoming an AED Member
AED is your one-stop trade association for these and other resources that will have a positive impact on what matters most to you: your company’s bottom line. You’ll also find that the quality of our offerings is far above what is available anywhere else.Join aed today
Benefits of AED Membership
Our members have access to a host of benefits, tools and services that add tremendous value to their business operations, such as:
- Advocacy: We have an Annual Washington Fly-In and Parliament Hill Day that are both two-day long events, where meetings are set-up with representatives and congressmen.
- Education and professional development opportunities: Choose from a variety of in-person and online educational tools and resources that will enable you to hone your skills, boost your knowledge and enhance your career prospects. Options include webinars, seminars, self-study programs and certification tests.
- Events: In most industries, including the forestry industry, who you know is just as important as what you know. Our networking events allow you to connect with peers from other organizations and pave the way for valuable business opportunities.
- Publications: You’ll have access to reports, research, magazines and other publications filled with relevant industry news and information that will prove invaluable in planning and making crucial business decisions.
- The AED Foundation: Our member-directed foundation strives to find viable solutions to the worker shortage that impacts the forestry industry market and the other industries we serve. One way we accomplish this is by accrediting equipment technology educational programs in colleges and universities in North America.
- Free legal help: A legal issue can have a detrimental effect on your business. We offer a free hotline where you can discuss a legal matter with our general counsel and receive reliable advice.