An increasing number of companies in industries such as construction, mining, agriculture, power generation and forestry are making renting equipment a regular part of their operating processes. With job site efficiency on every business leader’s mind, it’s important for them to have access to the equipment they need 24/7.
Renting offers a variety of benefits such as reduced maintenance and repair costs, the flexibility to add to a fleet quickly to meet increased demand and the ability to match machines with specific job site applications. The heavy equipment rental industry helps leaders and operators at thousands of locations improve their fleet management practices.
If you operate an equipment rental company, it helps to have an advocate that understands your needs. Associated Equipment Distributors (AED) is an international trade association that’s been representing the equipment distribution industry since 1919. We exist to enhance the success and profitability of our membership, which consists of equipment suppliers, manufacturers and service companies. We accomplish this by providing access to high-quality services, products and information geared towards the equipment market.
AED IN THE RENTAL INDUSTRY
Many businesses choose to rent equipment when they have special construction project needs thanks to the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of renting. Staying ahead in this industry requires a commitment to the latest technology, safety measures and marketing strategies.
AED has years of experience serving company leaders in the rental equipment market. We know the industry trends, and we understand that every business has its own unique needs and objectives. Our political advocacy programs, professional development opportunities and wide range of events throughout the year help leaders and operators support the industry and their own business growth.
Why Should You Become an AED Member?
When you join AED, you’ll have access to many of our products, services, courses and publications at a reduced rate. The quality of our programs and materials is unmatched in our industry. You’ll also enjoy the convenience of having all these resources in one place.
A wide variety of factors can affect equipment rental market growth. Changing policies, supply and demand, and economic factors constantly impact your operations and bottom line. AED is here to help you navigate the industry, not only for the sake of your own business but also for the market as a whole.
We provide the tools you need to adapt and stay up to date on the latest distribution and marketing strategies. All our members are united toward a common goal — support the industry and learn how they can make the most of today’s trends.Join aed today
Membership Benefits for the Equipment Rental Industry
Hundreds of companies across multiple high-demand heavy equipment markets work with AED. When you become a member and actively participate in our programs, you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow alongside your fellow business leaders. You can establish your distribution center or dealership as a trustworthy source for rental equipment, plus help strengthen your operators’ skills with professional development opportunities.
We provide services and products to equipment rental companies that offer all types of construction equipment. Small fleets and large fleets alike are welcome. As an AED member, you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits that will help to improve your standing in the construction equipment rental market:
- Advocacy: AED is the equipment industry’s leading advocate in both the United States and Canada. With a full-time presence in both Washington, D.C., and Ottawa, the association works with key policymakers, lawmakers and allied organizations to ensure AED’s pro-growth agenda receives full consideration and AED members have access to the most influential officials in both countries.
- Education: Knowledge is power in any industry, including equipment rentals. AED offers a host of educational programs and resources such as webinars, seminars, self-study courses and certification tests that will help you, your management team and your employees reach your career and performance objectives. Our educational opportunities help you prepare for the future of your business and make a bigger impact on the rental industry.
- Research and reports: Instead of relying on trial and error to advance your operations, you can make accurate predictions with the help of reputable research and evidence. Get access to industry-specific research and reports that will impact the current and future success of your business. You’ll receive information that can assist in developing an accurate equipment rental forecast via the analysis of historical trends and current situations.
- Publications: Publications like CED Magazine provide an in-depth analysis of pertinent topics in the construction equipment market that may impact your business. Rental company leaders can stay connected within the industry by exploring a wide range of published content. Sample topics include technology trends, product and service development, marketing and strategic planning, to name a few.
- Events: We offer two seminars dedicated to the rental industry, one on basic rental fundamentals and one for more advanced rental companies. This allows us to help attendees who are new to the rental industry and attendees who have multiple years of experience in the rental industry.
- The AED Foundation: Established in 1991, The AED Foundation creates pathways to opportunity by addressing workforce development and professional education. The Foundation provides research, recruitment opportunities and other resources to help individuals in the rental market advance their careers and educational endeavors.
You can make contributions to our political causes, take part in our ongoing learning opportunities and more when you become a member of AED. We support both equipment rental distributors and manufacturers by offering these resources and helping you build strong, valuable professional connections.